Formal Writing Assignment:
During this semester there is one fonnal writing assignment, a Health Issues (HI) Paper. This assignment will demonstrate your ability to synthesize and apply the course content to a public health issue. The HI paper will be developed and completed as an individual assignment and will be due by Friday 12:00 noon of week seven (7).
The student should begin by selecting a health issue in a specific aggregate/population. Some examples could be: pregnancy among teens; heart disease among women; HIV among African/American population; tuberculosis among Hispanic population, etc…(chapters 16-20, 26, 27 may help with selection). Once this has been completed, contact your course facilitator to obtain approval for this topic before proceeding.
The formal paper should be between 4-6 pages; excluding the cover page, any attachments, and reference page. The paper will be worth 150 points and represents
37.5% your final grade. The document should follow APA formatting and include the following:
1. Describe the broad public healthissue including its significance to
rhe overall health of the entire U.s.population and the economic 15pts
impact at the population level (include U.S population level data). . _ ‘——-‘-
2. Then describe the impact of the public health issue at a specific population/aggregate level you have selected (such as selected aggregate level data for teenage pregnancy). (15 pts)
3. Compare and discuss data trends (report as rate or percent) for this health issue and aggregate by county, state, and national level,if available (may not find all three levels depending on aggregate selected).about this public health issue and aggregate.If having problems with this contact your faculty facilitator for advice.(10 pts)
4. Identify one relevant Healthy People 2020 objective to this issue, Including specific targets. Compare aggregate data to HP 2020 target. (15 pts)
5. Discuss how one distal factor (think upstream such as sociopolitical, cultural,economic, or environmental) contributes to the behavior of individuals in this aggregate for this health issue. Describe findings of a research study’ that support the relationship of that distal factor and behavior to the selected health issue. (20 pts)
Summarize the public healtl1issue, population aggregate, and the
distal factors/ behaviors that affect the issue, including its relalionship to Healthy People 2020 target.
Minimum of four professional° references in addition to your course text, including one research study·
lAppropriate use of sources (primary sources}
(3%) Correct cover page, headings (required), margins. page format. no first person
(6%) Correct citations (6%) Correct reference list
jGrarn _ar/sp_elling: . . I 15pts
rW.:::’e”1″1’d-:-e-ve7lop”e”-dcc-a’-nd,.o.-r ga-n..,iz-e’-d’-;4-6 p ag-e-s-o-‘f”n”-a-=rcrac ti ve (n-ot-=i-n-clu-‘-din-g-‘–‘-r.::-
title pag-·aachments, or fereces) _ . j 10 pts-.
Submit th aper electonlcally via Safe Assignment. Also submit a PDF of the one research article used for #5 in the body of the paper via emailto group faculty fac1htator by Fnday 12 noon of week seven (7). Papers submitted without supporting materials to course facilitator or without electronic submission to Safe Assignment will not be graded.
·systematic reviews of research are not acceptable as a research study
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more