Analysis Assignment: Putting Things Together
The principles of Unity and Variety apply to all music, regardless of composition style or historical period.
Now that you are familiar with the concepts in the first section of the course (Basic Musical Concepts), and you have seen how they work on different pieces of music, try your hand, mouse, and ears, at finding how they operate in a music selection below that you haven’t heard yet in this course (although you may have elsewhere).
Assignment #3 Audio
Your analysis should include:
• The number of different musical ideas in the piece (for example, can we say that there are two ideas A and B? Or is there only one?)
• The timings (start and stop times) of the different sections of the piece. (Hint: Listen for changes in musical ideas and timbre, for example, points when different instruments come in or give way to others.)
• How unity and variety are exemplified in those sections through the use of:
• Although there are sections that feature one instrument over others, whether you think this is a piece for a solo performer or for an ensemble.
• A list of the characteristics of the musical style closest to the one this piece exemplifies. (Hint: Look at the last lecture in the first section of the course)
• Whether you think this piece serves (or could serve) a specific purpose.
• Whether or not it has any specific connotation(s) for you.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more