1. Chung and Bemak discuss one “criticism of social justice counseling” on page five; what is it, and why is it important in our practice as psychologists?
2. What are the nine social justice competencies Jun cites from Constantine, Hage, Kindaichi, and Bryant (2007) on page 6?
3. On pages two, three, and four Jun discusses some of the pitfalls of solely focusing on race in multicultural counseling; what are they, and why are they important?
4. Jun discusses two barriers to actual implementation of multicultural concepts into actual practice (p. 4-5); how can the lack of the affective component of “transformative learning” be construed as a barrier as well (p.9)? How does this relate to Jun’s first paragraph on page 6?
5. Why are the pronouns “ze” and “zir” used in the Jun text?