1. “Sustainable Development and the Environment”
• Go to Cose’s Website and read the article titled, “An Overview of LEED – Its Costs, Benefits, and Components”, dated February 22, 2011, located at https://www.cosemindspring.com/Topics/Sustainability/Greening%20Your%20Business/An%20Overview%20of%20LEED%20-%20Its%20Costs-%20Benefits-%20and%20Components.aspx and analyze two (2) reasons why a corporation is able to justify its participation in the LEED certification program as responsible environmental management, considering the associated costs. Provide a rationale for your response.
• Use the Internet to research one (1) company that is focusing on sustainable development and examine the most important ways in which the company that you have researched is implementing sustainable development. Evaluate the extent to which the sustainable development program contributes to profitability for the company in question. Provide at least two (2) examples of the profits the company has made to support your response.
2. “Technological Advancements and Challenges”
• Go to PC World’s Website and read the article titled “Even before NSA scandal, US residents were anxious about privacy breaches”, dated June 13, 2013, located at https://www.pcworld.com/article/2041682/even-before-nsa-scandal-us-residents-were-anxious-about-privacy-breaches.html. Next, use the Internet to research recent situations in which the U.S. Government has used technology to conduct surveillance on U.S. citizens. Examine one (1) situation where the majority of citizens agree that the government’s use of technology to conduct surveillance on unsuspecting citizens is justifiable. Considering the government’s efforts in thwarting potential terrorist attacks, assess the degree to which citizens’ privacy concerns are valid. Justify your response.
• Use the Internet to research one (1) company that has used technology to significantly improve its business offerings. Examine the key ways in which the company that you selected benefits from the influences of changing technological forces. Next, suggest two (2) potential threats that could result from your chosen company’s use of technology and two (2) approaches that the company could take to overcome the identified threats.
3. “Consumer and Shareholder Protection”
• According to the text, recent disclosures of corporate scandals and unethical business practices have heightened the government and society’s attention to exorbitant CEO salaries. Examine the fundamental rationale behind corporations’ decisions to pay executives such high salaries. Based on the discussion case in Chapter 14, https://www.coursesmart.com/SR/6450874/9781259191046/330?__hdv=6.8 judge whether the mandate under Section 951 of the Dodd-Frank Act sufficiently protects stockholders’ rights and interests from been abused by business executives. Justify your response.
• Go to the Consumer Product Safety Commission Website, located at https://www.cpsc.gov, to research the circumstances behind two (2) recent product recalls. Give your opinion on whether or not the companies responsible for the product recalls that you researched addressed those recalls in an effective manner. Suggest the manner in which manufacturers, retailers, and consumers should share responsibility for the safe use of the consumer products you researched. Provide a rationale for your response.
4. “Managing Employees and Diverse Workforce”
• Based on the discussion case in Chapter 16, https://www.coursesmart.com/SR/6450874/9781259191046/376?_hdv=6.8 examine two (2) pros and two (2) cons of the Pennsylvania Geisinger Health System’s decision to refuse to hire smokers. Give your opinion on whether or not the decision is sound, and provide a rationale to support your response.
• Use the Internet to research one (1) company that has benefitted from a diverse workforce and analyze the significant ways in which the company you selected is using a diverse workforce to its advantage. Suggest two to three (2-3) potential challenges that could affect a company composed of a diverse workforce. Provide one (1) specific example of the effects on the company for each potential challenge.
CourseSmart Access for discussion case in Chapter 14 & 16
Email – email@example.com
Password – moe0228
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more