CW1: Critique of an article related to a specialist area
Level of submission: 5
Word count: 2000 words
Could you please critique the article below:
Care of patients with Parkinson’s disease in the operating department.
Author(s) Holland, Joanna
Citation: Journal of Perioperative Practice, 01 November 2010, vol./is. 20/11(406-410), 17504589
Publication Date: 01 November 2010
Available in fulltext from Journal of Perioperative Practice at EBSCOhost
Intended Learning Outcomes:
1. Demonstrate a logical and systematic approach to problem solving, related to complex patient needs in the specialist setting.
2. Evaluate research and other evidence to inform practice.
CW1. The critique of an article related to a specialist area should be written in a formal academic style that incorporates an introduction, body and conclusion. The body of the critique should include a
summary of the work and a detailed evaluation. The purpose of this is to evaluate the usefulness or impact of the article. By using a critical analysis approach the article should be broken down and explored in
depth to identify and question the details of the text.
Key points: (Please answer the following questions)
• What does the article actually say?
• How well is the point made?
• What were the objectives of the article?
• Were they met?
• Were there any assumptions made?
• Are there any issues that were overlooked?
• What are the implications of the article?
• Are there any alternatives to what has been identified?
• Is there any information missing within the article?
• This submission should be 2000 words in length
• The original article should be submitted with the work as an appendix
1. Bowling, A. (2002) Research Methods in Health. Buckingham: Open University Press
2. Burns, N. & Grove, S. K. (2003) Understanding rsing Research 3rd edition London: WB Saunders Company
3. Newell, R. and Burnard, P. (2006) Research from Evidence Based Practice Oxford: Blackwell
1. Technic: The Journal of Operating Department Practice
2. The Journal of Perioperative Practice. AFPP
3. www.otjonline.com Operating Theatre Journal
1. www.codp.org.uk The College of Operating Department Practitioners
2. www.dh.gov.uk Department of Health
3. www.hpc.org.uk Health and Care Professions Council
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more