1. Download the NR443 Community Windshield Survey Form from Doc Sharing. You will type your name and answers directly onto this Word document. Your form does NOT need to follow APA
formatting; however, you are expected to use correct grammar, spelling, syntax and write in complete sentences.
2. Save the file by clicking “Save as” and adding your last name to the file name, e.g., “NR443 Windshield Survey Form_Smith”
3. Submit the completed form to the “Caring for Populations: Community Windshield Survey” Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 2.
4. Length: The completed form should be no more than three pages in length (not including any optional references).
Below are the requirements needed for successful completion of the Windshield Survey Form:
1. Introduction to the Community: Identify the community you will be using for this assignment and provide a brief one to two paragraph description of the community. Your community should be the area where
you live or the area surrounding your work setting.
2. Windshield Survey: Assess your community by doing an informal windshield survey. Information about the components of a windshield survey is located in your textbook, Nies & McEwen (2011) on page
97 (Box 6-2). Drive through the area and report your observations by describing each of the following six areas using the questions in the text as your guide (one to two paragraphs each):
a. Community vitality
b. Indicators of social and economic conditions
c. Health resources
d. Environmental conditions related to health
e. Social functioning
f. Attitude toward healthcare
It is helpful to conduct this assessment at least two different times: during the day or evening, on a weekday and/or on the weekend. If possible, plan on asking someone to drive during your survey so that you
can take notes.
3. Conclusion: Provide a summary of your findings. The information gathered during the windshield survey should assist you to identify a community health problem that will be further assessed in the next
4. References: The purpose of this assignment is to document your observations of your community. Outside sources are not required. However, if sources are used, these sources must be cited within the form
and listed in the Reference section.
BEST PRACTICES IN PREPARING THE FORM
The following are best practices in preparing this project:
• Make sure all elements of the form are included.
• Review directions and grading rubric below thoroughly.
• Cite any outside references as above (these are optional).
• Proofread prior to final submission.
• Check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
• Abide by the CCN academic integrity policy, which may be found in the Policies under the Course Home tab.
GRADING RUBRIC: CARING FOR POPULATIONS: COMMUNITY WINDSHIELD SURVEY (150 POINTS)
Outstanding or highest level of performance B
Very good or high level of performance C
Competent or satisfactory level of performance F
Poor, failing, or unsatisfactory level of performance Pts
Introduction of Community
10 points Community identified and briefly described.
(9–10 points) Community identification or description is insufficient.
(8 points) Community identification and description are insufficient.
(7 points) Community not identified or described.
(0–6 points) /10
120 points Community assessed: Findings adequately cover the 6 criteria listed.
(110–120 points) Assessment of 1–2 of the criteria is missing or inadequate.
(100–109 points) Assessment of 3-4 of the criteria is missing or inadequate.
(91-99 points) Windshield survey not completed or criteria not followed.
(0–90 points) /120
10 points Conclusion sufficient and includes brief summary of windshield survey findings.
(9–10 points) Conclusion lacks brief reiteration of windshield survey findings.
(8 points) Conclusion is insufficient.
(7 points) Conclusion not completed.
(0–6 points) /10
10 points Two or fewer grammar, spelling, or syntax errors. Writes logically in complete sentences.
(10 points) Three errors of any type.
(8-9 points) Four errors of any type.
(6-7 points) More than four errors of any type.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more