1. Coca-Cola – Include a Title that clearly describes your essay
In your own words:
• Examine and critique one aspect of the company’s social performance with regards to fulfilling society’s expectations on how the company should operate its business. You can look at a company’s performance in regards to the environment, equality, employment, community development, health and human rights, just to name a few options. Highlight both areas of achievement and those requiring improvement. Do not focus only on the positive or negative.
• Examine and discuss the impact and implications of the company’s actions on society and stakeholders.
• Identify examples of both negative and positive of performance.
• Provide your conclusions about the company’s performance in society, based on the information you provide in your paper.
• Present an on-balance conclusion
This is an assignment that asks you to reflect broadly on the role of business, how it communicates and acts on a social issue facing it in any society. Take time to reflect on the many arguments and pieces of information presented in the literature. You will need to read widely and broadly.
You will need to refer to non-scholarly sources such as newspapers and company records to gauge an understanding of the contemporary issues. These are acceptable for inclusion in your reference list. Ensure you discuss the source within the context of their bias. Journal articles should also be used to further substantiate your arguments and link to the theories discussed in the unit.
Do not describe the situation but critically analyse your findings (e.g. what do these findings mean, and which groups do they impact). You will therefore keep the detail of the company to a minimum and demonstrate how your issue is of significant to the company and groups of stakeholders. You will need to provide evidence to support your opinion on how your chosen company has communicated and performed on the issue.