1. Compare the problem, solution, and technique in Buddhism with those of another eastern religion of your choice.
2. Is the presence of an ethical dimension a basic requirement for a system of thought to be considered a religion? Why or why not?
3. How might differing views on the afterlife affect differences in ethics from religion to religion?
4. In what ways does Yoruba Religion challenge both the traditional western and eastern notions of what separates a religion from a philosophy?
5. Choose a ritual performed within one of the religious contexts we have discussed this semester. Describe the symbolism in that ritual and the social function the ritual holds.
6. How does the structuralist theory understand the role myths play in the social dynamics of world religions?
7. What is methodological atheism, and how is it helpful in conducting a study of the social dimension of religious experience?
8. Name 2 similarities and 2 differences between Judaism and one of the other Abrahamic faith traditions. (Note: your examples must include significant points we have discussed in class. An answer such as, Both Judaism and _____ believe in God and have holy books is not sufficient).
9. What is the significance of Chi in Daoism?
10. Most people would define the term atheist as a person who believes that God does not exist. Is this definition appropriate, too broad, too simplistic? Why?
1. Throughout the course of this semester, you have studied eight religions and six dimensions of religious experience. Has your study lead you to any changes in your perception of what makes a religion a religion rather than a philosophy or way of life? What influences your understanding of the term religion at present? If you had to argue for your position on what makes a religion to a person holding an opposing viewpoint, what would you say and why?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more