Critical reflection chapter guidelines:
Critical Reflection The critical reflection should include a detailed critique of the strengths and limitations of your paper, including the research methodology that you have chosen. You may choose to evaluate aspects that did not go to plan or detail what you would do differently if you were to do it again. It should also contain a more personal component evaluating your personal thoughts and reflections on the entire research process, including what you have learnt. The critical reflection enables you to demonstrate that you are able to evaluate the research process. This section also allows you to explore the knowledge, assumptions and beliefs in your area of study and how your results identify new meaning and suggest how this experience can impact and inform future study.
First, I would like to give you a brief idea about chapters that are included in this dissertation.
Chapter 1: detailed literature review of the topic in hand.
Chapter 2: Manuscript which is a research paper for publication
Chapter 3: A critical review/reflection of the research process
The highlighted chapter is what I would like you to write about.
My research question is:
Do eccentric exercises reduce the time required for athletes with hamstring injuries to return to full participation in their sport? A systematic review (As a management method not preventive one)
Here is some suggested points to include in this critical reflection chapter:
1) Personal journey
I am a teacher assistant in a university in Saudi Arabia which this job requires me to be a professional in this field of research. (The personal statement will be attached to help you in this point, please take some ideas and elaborate further).
2) Research process
Under this point you can elaborate about:
– challenges that I exposed to such as:
• Choosing the design of the study (Systematic review) because as an international student, it is not allowed to do experimental studies like RCT. In addition, the time factor (most experimental studies need lots of time) is another cause which restrict me to do another design. Moreover, justify why I chose systematic review (the strength of systematic review as a level of evidence in grading system) (I will attach a file of a Cochrane article about the rationale of doing systematic review, you can use it to write about this point).
• Choosing a particular topic: it was challenging choosing new topic that has not been reviewed previously in my area of interest (sport & orthopedics physiotherapy)
• Writing in another language was a great challenge because the writing process requires unambiguous and direct approach. Not easy as expected.
• Critical analysis of the literature and of studies involved in the review was very difficult at first; however, it gradually became an exercise for myself and my self-motivation and desire to complete a successful work helped me to proceed in my way.
• The environment that I came from (Saudi Arabia) was another challenge since the nature of our society is different from UK. People does not like to dig and strive for getting information, they prefer to learn what was already searched for.
– Strengths: (Please elaborate more in every point and give evidence)
• Using the Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses (PRISMA) guidelines. (Please include evidence of the benefit of using PRISMA)
• Using (PICO) format to create the research question. (Include evidence)
• Choosing RCTs to include in this systematic review (level of evidence) (Include evidence)
• Choosing the following databases to search through: Midline, Embase, CINHAL, PEDro and SPORTdiscuss which are of the most popular databases in the area of study (try to write about every database and explain why it is relevant to my study in sport and orthopedic physio) (evidence).
• The journal that I chose to publish my manuscript in (Physical Therapy in Sport) since it is relevant to my study and I chose an average impact factor journal since it is my first research paper for publication, so the publication of this study in such journal will be a motive to publish the future studies in high impact factor journals.
• Two reviewers decided of the eligibility for included studies.
– Limitations: (Please elaborate more in every point and give evidence)
• Time was not enough to allow two review authors to perform the search strategy independently. (Long process)
• Non-English language articles were not included since translation needs time and funding.
• The search was restricted to just 5 databases. The result might be different if more databases were included.
3) What I have learned from this course and experience (try to include these points and explain them in an inspirational manner and engage them with the module’s aims and outcomes that is attached)
• Research skills
• Time management
• Core scientific research method (evidence based) how my thinking have changed to be depended on evidence based during this master course.
• Use criticism and feedback constructively
• Communication skills
Here you can link my job as a teacher assistant with the dissertation and researching experience. First, discuss how writing my dissertation have changed my writing, learning, and reading skills and how I became a reader from a research-aware point of view. Another point could be about my future path like thinking about conducting other experimental types of research methodology when I came back home. (you can add some points from your perspective).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more