Dissolved oxygen is oxygen that is trapped in a fluid, such as water. Since many living organism requires oxygen to survive, it is a necessary component of water systems such as streams, lakes and rivers in order to support aquatic life. The dissolved oxygen is measured in units of parts per million (ppm). Examine the data in Table 4 showing the amount of dissolved oxygen present and the number of fish observed in the body of water the sample was taken from; finally, answer the questions below.
1. What patterns do you observe based on the information in Table 4?
1. Develop a hypothesis relating to the amount of dissolved oxygen measured in the water sample and the number of fish observed in the body of water?
1. What would your experimental approach be to test this hypothesis?
1. What would be the independent and dependent variables?
1. What would be your control?
1. What type of graph would be appropriate for this data set? Why?
1. Graph the data from Table 4: Water Quality vs. Fish Population (found at the beginning of this exercise). Describe what your graph looks like (you do not have to submit a picture of the actual graph!!).
1. Interpret the data from the graph made in Question 7.
Lab 1 – Exercise 2: Percentage Error
In the questions below, determine the percentage error. Show your work on all problems.
1. A science teacher tells her class that their final project requires the students to measure a specific variable and determine the velocity of a car with no more than 2.50% error. Jennifer and Johnny work hard and decide the velocity of the car is 34.87 m/s. The teacher informs them that the actual velocity is 34.15 m/s. Will Jennifer and Johnny pass their final project?
1. A locomotive train is on its way from Chicago, IL to Madison, WI. The trip is said to last 3.15 hours. When the train arrives in Madison the conductor notices it actually took them 3.26 hours. The train company prides itself on always having its trains to the station within a 3.00% error of the expected time. Will the train company live up to its reputation on this trip?
1. A coach tells his little league players that hitting a 0.275 batting average, within 7.000% percentage error, means that they had a really great season. Seven year old Tommy ended the season hitting a 0.258 batting average. According to his coach, did he have a great season?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more