Here are 11 questions to help completing this paper.
1. How do the authors’ describe the relationship between landscapes and collective ideas, actions and identities? What can studying the "ideological thrust of the material setting" (Low 403) tell us
about human behavior and culture?
2. What do you think was Paul Robbin’s research question?
3. What gives his seemingly simple question broad meaning and significance?
4. What does it mean to say that the “American Lawn” is a cultural landscape?
5. What evidence do we have that these landscapes “express something not just about individual decisions, but a collective identity” (p. 4)?
6. What does Robbins mean when he says that we are “political and economic subjects”?
7. What are the connections between political economy, culture and our interests as subjects?
8. What does he mean when he asks if “people choose lawns” or if people can “choose alternatives”?
9. What is the role of the consumer (lawn person) and choice in this analysis and story?
10. What insights have you gained from this book into how culture is produced and reproduced?
11. How might you apply some of those insights to your own research and inquiry?
I will provide a factoid which you MUST use it in order to relate to the THREE readings I uploaded here, which include (‘robbins_ch1_lawn_people’, ‘robbins_ch2_lawn_people’ AND ‘ bis340low’) MUST
be used as the source/reference, which means there is NO any outside source needed besides above articles) in this response. Also, please add/address at least ONE quote with (author last name and page
number) from each reading (there are total 3 readings, that means at least 3 quotes) in the paper as well.
***Just a kindly reminder, please answer the 11 questions that I provided in the description in a ‘Question & Answer’ format, and please be specific on answering each question as much as possible.***
Thanks so much
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more