Drawing on the perspectives introduced to you on the course (i.e. unitary, pluralist, radical) the first part of your assessment requires you to conduct a review of an article using these perspectives. It should be between 2500-3000 words. You may review articles on any subject that interests you (e.g. strategy, information technology, teamwork, trade unions, new working practices, conflict, small businesses, multinationals, mergers) providing that you select an article that is published in one of the journals listed below. Failure to select an article from a specified journal will result in a mark of zero:
? Human Relations
? Organization Studies
? Work, Employment and Society
? New Technology, work and employment
? British Journal of Management
? Industrial Relations Journal
? Gender, Work and Organisation
? British Journal of Industrial Relations
? Management Learning
? Journal of Management Studies
It is strongly recommended that you select an article that draws on a case study or, in other words, an article that discusses a single organization such as a manufacturing organization; a bank; an NHS trust. This will make it more suitable to review in terms of the perspectives introduced to you on the course. Do not select articles that are already part of the recommended reading on the course. You need to:
1. Begin the review by providing the title of the paper you are going to review, the authors, and publication details of the paper – the name of the journal, year of publication, issue and volume, page number.
2. Then provide an introduction.
3. You need to briefly summarise and explain the content and main arguments of the article you have chosen.
4. You need to demonstrate an understanding of the perspectives and this includes drawing on relevant literature on the perspectives.
5. The majority of the review should be spent critically analysing the article through drawing on the perspectives introduced to you on the course. It is possible to do this in many different ways. You may decide that the author has written the paper from a particular perspective and so you need to provide evidence from the article to support your beliefs. You may take on a perspective to critically discuss the content of the article. You may discuss the case study material that the article presents and analyse it using the different perspectives.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more