Task: Based on chapters 2-5 of Athanasius, On the Incarnation write an essay of approximately 1500 words that addresses the following: What is the relationship between incarnation and atonement in Athanasius’ On the Incarnation?
This assignment will:
1. familiarise students with a significant primary source of Christian theology (Athanasius, On the Incarnation)
2. introduce students to an important Patrisitc theologian for Christology
3. allow students to identify the main argument of an ancient text
4. help students to understand the context of the text and its presenting issues
5. analyse ways in which faith in Jesus Christ means salvation because Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ of God.
Task fulfilment – the specifications of the assignment were achieved
o Relevant content – the student demonstrated familiarity with the content of the assigned chapters of the Athanasian text
Understanding and Analysis –
o explanation and interpretation of the Athanasian text were included,
o analysis and synthesis applied to bring the text into dialogue with secondary literature.
Research and Referencing –
o two scholarly sources relevant to the text are cited
o context of Athanasius’ text is acknowledged
o correct and consistent citation of references adhering to Chicago or APA style
Structure of argument –
o Main argument of Athanasian text presented;
o logical presentation of ideas which demonstrates understanding.
o Communication – clear and concise writing and communication of ideas and sound grammar.
In writing your essay, keep in mind the following points:
14. Show that you have understood and addressed the questions or topic of discussion.
15. Show that you have researched the subject well, i.e., that you have read and thought about a range of books and/or articles on the topic.
16. Show that you have come to your own conclusions on the matter and are not simply reporting the views of others. This is hard at first. But try to analyse, at least in a preliminary way, your own thoughts and reactions to the readings.
17. Remember this is a theological essay. It is not a personal religious testimony. It is legitimate to express your belief in the essay, of course. But the aim is to understand, express carefully, and defend belief, not merely state it. In the essay you will be expected to make a case for your point of view and support it using the kinds of theological reasoning that will be introduced in this course. This means you need to be at least familiar with theological points of view other than your own and be able to make a case for the view you wish to espouse.
18. Include referencing and a bibliography in either APA or Chicago style, listing the major books and journals you have consulted in the preparation of the essay.
19. Stay close to the word limit. More than 10% variation from the limit is unacceptable.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more