requirement: 1.Word limit & Format: The essay must be between 2500 and 3500 words. It should have a title, be double-spaced and each page numbered accordingly. The appropriate referencing style
(CU Harvard Style) must be applied. Ensure your name is included at the top of each or first page.
2.From a number of majors events reported in the media recently choose one or two or three and critically analyse or discuss how they were reported. In your analysis justify your choice of media and news
events/stories and apply one or more of the textual analysis techniques or theories discussed in the class to present your arguments. You need to discuss the likely implications of the reports on the audience, the
specific choice of language to impact on the audience and how this may/may not have eroded ethical practice. You may wish to comparatively discuss reports on one platform (e.g. print or broadcast only) or
across platforms (print, television and only, including those run by citizen journalists).
3. my topic will focus on" Ukraine’s crisis"
so there are some content should be placed into my essay.
1. Look at the framing of the story in each case(please choose three media like bbc, cnn, and other one from ukraine’ crisis)
2. Try to link to the ideas we discussed in the class e.g. who is telling what and in what way? Why is it told that way? Who are the subjects? Does their personality affect the way the story is told? If they were
not who they are would the story be told differently?
3. Very importantly, what is the background of the media telling the story?
4. How does the story impact on you as the audience? Look out for markers in the story. Generally, how was language used in all cases?
The key story is Ukraine’s political crisis and we all know why it is an important developing story. I will need you to do more research on the background of the crisis in Ukraine. You will need to connect it to
Ukraine’s history as one of the states under the defunct USSR (Union of Soviet Socialist Republics), which became independent after the collapse of the union in 1991. You will also need to link your
discussion to the tension between Russia (survivor of the old east bloc) and countries that constituted the then west bloc – including the EU. Also, these two forces heavily influenced the Orange Revolution in
2004 – Russia supporting incumbent Viktor Yanukovych who lost to Viktor Yushchenko the opposition politician the former west bloc countries supported. What we are seeing is a repeat of the local-cum-
international political rivalry in 2004, with the media being part of it. What I need you to find out and discuss in your analysis are:
1. How the media in the UK are reporting the crisis
2. Why is it so important that it has been put on the front of major newspapers/media since November 2013?
3. Consider linking your discourse to Hallin and Mancini’s (2004) political parallelism thesis – that the media are part and parcel of the political cleavages in the environment they operate. In this case the media
find this story interesting because politicians on both sides see Ukraine as a sort of coveted trophy. But, why might Ukraine be so important to the audience or how would the audience in the UK connect to
4. You will note that some of the papers downplayed the story, like the Sun merely mentioned it in its editorial. So, what is the big story that the Sun or the other media that downplayed Ukraine’s had on the
front burner instead? Why is this story important and why would the audience connect more to it? (This is what the three groups with different stories as front-page lead need to consider in their discussion i.e.
why is the story used more important than what others consider ‘burning issue’.
5. Identify as many linguistic markers, slants/rhetoric as possible – the process of signposting etc. Sift through every paragraph from headline, intro down to conclusion.
6. Again, look at the general use of language and hit it impacts on the audience.
therefore, don’t forget to link the context of ukraine’s politics and history. and most importantly, apply textual analyses theories into my essay. hopefully get a high mark and i will contact you constantly.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more