Describe how your lesson plan addresses the various learning needs of students.
Grade: 5th grade
Lesson Objective- SWBAT determine problem-solution text structure in an informative text.
Reading Objective: Explore the text and enduring understanding. Read closely for key ideas and details.
Standards: RI 5.3 Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or
concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text based on specific information in the text.
Materials: Anchor Text: Pale Male Citizen Hawk of New York City and journals.
Vocabulary: Protests, Relentless, Persuaded
Introduction: Students will summarize the events that have taken place in Pale Male so far and predict what will
Procedures: Read Together
• Use the Shared Reading Routine (pp 48-57). Have students read paragraphs aloud.
• In this reading, remind students to focus on understanding the basic facts of the text: who is involved, what
events happen, and where and when those events occur.
• Students will focus on key ideas and details through discussion questions.
• Students will learn that some text have a problem-solution structure, In this type of structure a problem or
problems are presented in the text followed by one or more solutions.
• In a nonfiction narrative, a problem- solution text structure helps readers understand the relationship between
individuals and events.
Assessment: Students will go around and say one thing they learned.
Activity: Students will work in small groups.
• Students will state and support an opinion using text evidence to support their answers “Why do you think so many
people decided to protest the removal of Pale Male’s nest?
• Students will choose one of the problems Pale Male faced and write an informative paragraph describing the
problem and the reasons why it occurred.
Differentiation: Students will use pg 71 in their Reader’s and Writer’s Journal to record their responses; What did
you read? What did you learn”? What questions do you have? Student will use pg 74 to define vocabulary.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more