Listening Log 2 Name: ___________________________
DUE DATE: Wednesday, May 7
1. Find the definition of these words and expressions. Also, write an example sentence for the vocabulary words.
2. Go to this link: http://onpoint.wbur.org/2013/02/07/finland-south-korea
3. Listen to the radio program and answer the questions below.
4. Listen to the program until 7:43, then skip to 17:40 and listen until 23:26.
This is a radio show about the global education ranking. Last year, Finland and South Korea were the best in the world. However, the USA was number 17! The American host will interview two experts
from these countries to discover why their education systems are so good. Think about how these two countries apply research or creativity to their education systems while you are listening.
Vocabulary: Write the definition and part-of-speech of these words. Then write your own sentence with the word.
5. Evaluation: noun
6. atmosphere (in schools):
Other expressions you’ll want to know:
1. here’s the twist
2. high stakes
3. pull off this miracle
4. peer pressure
1. Who decided how countries are ranked in global education?
2. Who was measured for the study? (he is speaking quickly here)
3. What does the man say is different about Finland?
4. How does Finland conduct after school programs?
5. What kind of examination system do they have in Finland?
6. What two things does Finland do to succeed?
7. What country’s research does Finland use to create an effective education system?
8. Why is education important in South Korea?
9. How does someone become a teacher in South Korea?
10. What problem does South Korea have?
Opinion Questions: Write a paragraph answering the following questions, and try to use some of the vocabulary or expressions from the first part of the log:
As we have heard, there are very different opinions about homework and education in these two countries. Which one do you think is more creative? Why is it successful? If you could change something
about your education when you were a child, what would you change?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more