1. Download the Excel spreadsheet for this assignment.
2. Calculate the equilibrium price and equilibrium quantity which clear the market based on your assigned values for Qd (cell B4)and Qs (cell B5).
3. Review the charts in Excel showing Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium. Note: The Price goes on vertical axis and Quantity goes on the horizontal axis.
4. Observe Consumer Surplus, Producer Surplus, Government Surplus, Total Surplus, and the Deadweight Loss under each of the following policies:
a. No taxation by the government.
b. Government imposes a $2 tax on the buyers (similar to sales tax, but the tax amount is fixed).
c. Government imposes a $2 tax on the sellers (you can think of it as an access to the market charge, similar to a tariff, but the tax amount is fixed.
5. Compare the three policies above and comment on the results:
a. Does it matter whether the tax is imposed on the buyers or the sellers?
b. Under which policy is the total surplus the highest?
c. Who benefits and who loses from imposing the tax?
d. Which of the three policies would be worth implementing? Why?
6. Write a 1-page business brief that discusses the results of the four questions posed in Action Item 5. Note: Do not just answer the questions but craft a brief to your manager that addresses the issues raised in the questions. Format the brief according to the Business Brief Guidelines.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more