The objective of the report is to understand how a high-quality pharmacokinetic study is conducted. Using a medical database such as Pubmed or Science Direct, select one research journal article from the prescribed list of peer reviewed journals regarding a pharmacokinetic study of medicinal compounds in infants or in children. The article should be published within the last 5 years. After reading the article, address the following in a report in relation to the article.
(1) State the chosen journal article in the Vancouver referencing format.
(2) What were the compounds (and the derivatives if any) under investigation? Provide a brief description about their pharmacology, and the potential uses in medical treatments.
(3) List the objectives of the pharmacokinetic study. What can we learn from studying drugs in the selected population?
(4) Briefly describe the study design including information about the dosage and the route of administration.
(5) How was the drug concentration measured? Explain in terms of the sampling methods and the analytical techniques.
(6) What programs were used in the pharmacokinetic analysis if any? What pharmacokinetic parameters were calculated? (State the abbreviations and the full names of the parameters)
(7) Give a summary of the pharmacokinetic results. This should highlight the significance of the study. (8) Discuss on the quality of the journal article: e.g. were the methodology, statistics, and result interpretation appropriate? Are there any missing information, errors or misinterpretations?
(9) Outline the differences and challenges between conducting a pharmacokinetic study in infants as compare to a study in adults.
Please pay special attention to sections (7 to 9).
Please also send me a copy of the journal article.
Appropriate selection of a journal article, correct use of Vancouver referencing style
All sections and questions were completed and answered fully with detailed
information from the article, and relevant to the pharmacokinetic issues addressed
Excellent understanding of journal article
Good English grammar and clarity of expression, use of scientific language throughout
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more