• 5-7 pages total, double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman font.
• You will have access to your books, so make use of them in your answers. Cite page numbers as needed.
• Pro Tip: Be sure you answer EVERY part of the question!
• Please review the course plagiarism policy. Then re-review it. Seriously.
Answer question #1 (10pts) and any two of #2-#6 (10pts each)
1. Summarize the cases of Morris Braverman (Ch.5) and Elinor Rosenblum (Ch. 7) in Milgram’s Obedience to Authority. Each subject manifests strange behavior. What would Sartre say was wrong with each
of them (hint: They have slightly different problems)? Use Sartre’s terminology. How would Sartre respond to the claim that these people couldn’t have done anything differently? Would he think that they have
2. What are the four main objections to Sartre’s Existentialism? How does Sartre address them in his text? Are all of his responses successful? Explain how they succeed/fail.
3. What does Sartre mean when he says “Existence Precedes Essence”? Summarize his argument for this claim and explain how the realization of this fact leads us to anguish. Do you agree with him? Why
4. Socrates says that “no one knowingly and willingly chooses evil.” Sartre claims that “we can never choose evil”. Summarize, compare and contrast these positions. Who makes the more compelling case?
5. Reflection on Descartes’ dualism- and in particular, its relation to the Problem of Other Minds- leads Ryle to adopt philosophical behaviorism and Sartre to declare that “hell is other people”. Explain the
relationships between (a) Descartes and Ryle, and (b) Descartes and Sartre. (You do not need to discuss the relationship between Ryle and Sartre). A good answer will make proper use of the term
6. William Paley’s Teleological Argument and Sartre’s argument that existence
precedes essence rely on a common premise. What is that premise, and how does it inform their respective positions?
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION ABOVE, ITS VERRY IMPORTANT TO CITE THE PAGES AND TO TO BRING THE INFORMATION FROM THE SAME BOOKS.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more