PRACTICAL BOOK REVIEW OF PETERSEN TEXT
A Practical Book Review is a way of responding to readings, lectures, and life experiences that requires the learner to interact with new ideas and techniques on several levels. Your PBR can be accomplished
by thinking of four words: Summarize, Respond, Reflect, and Act. Use the following paragraphs and headings to complete your review.
Give the current APA formatted reference of the book below the heading SUMMARIZE!. Summarize what you have read by boiling down the book into 500 tight words. Prove that you comprehend the
material by writing a no-nonsense summary. SUMMARIZE! is not a commentary or a rehearsing of Petersen’s Table of Contents; rather, it is a gut-level, insightful “précis” of the longer, more elaborate book.
It should provide a clear overview of the material. Keep this section to 500 words.
PRACTICAL BOOK REVIEW OF PETERSEN TEXT GRADING RUBRIC
Possible Points Earned Instructor’s Comments
• Introduction is clear and interesting.
• Transitions are clear and maintain flow of thought.
• Application of material is objective and rises from content. 20
• Assignment parameters (length, subject, objectives) are met.
• Focus is clear and coherent.
• Understanding of subject is demonstrated.
• It is substantive with good development of ideas and concepts.
• Assertions are clearly supported and/or illustrated. 40
Grammar and Mechanics
• Sentence fluency is coherent, unified, and varied.
• Sentence structure is complete, clear, and concise .
• Punctuation and spelling are correct.
• Words are precise, unambiguous, and appropriate. 30
• A Title Page is included.
• Style-correct (font, margins, etc.)
• Paper includes headings and subheadings as specified. 20
• Summarize: Clear overview of the book in 500 words or less is present.
• Respond: A response of 300 words relating personally to the reading is present.
• Reflect: Reflection on written material is evident (300 words).
• Act: Specific strategies for improving relational style are included (500 words).
• Writing style (current APA or current Turabian) is used appropriately. 40
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more