1. Explain the Doctrine of the Separation of Powers and how it operates in Australia. (350
words – 5 marks)
2. Is there a true separation of powers between the institutions of government in Australia?
(350 words – 5 marks)
3. Choose another country (either a common law or civil law jurisdiction) to explain how the
Doctrine of the Separation of Powers operates in that other country compared to Australia.
(800 words – 10 marks)
Max 1500 (+- 10%) words
1. In this unit you are required to use legal citation and referencing not Harvard referencing style which is used in most of your other units.
2. The Bibliography should include all books, articles and reports consulted including cases or legislation. Correct footnoting should be used. Note that endnotes should not be used.
The Australian Guide to Legal Citation is available online at
bought online or ordered at the Unitext bookshop at your campus. The styles as set out in the Guide must be complied with and this will be taken into account in marking.
Check the Language and Learning website for the document ‘Referencing using law style’ which gives you an introductory overview of the Australian Guide to Legal Citation required by the Deakin Law
5. You should select only seven (7) academic sources: articles or chapters from books. You should cite them appropriately in your Bibliography. Prescribed text book/s are not considered as reference material.
The statutes and cited cases should not counted academic sources.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more