The topics below for research proposal assignment:
The research scenario is below and first do a literature search identifying the key issues which you believe would be useful in developing an argument to support your research proposal. Ideally the literature should be recent and not be published earlier than 2002. Once you have completed your literature search, you should be able to identify some research questions upon which you can build a research proposal. Please check the marking key in respect to how assignment will be assessed.
Scenario : This scenario is examining iodine deficiency in pregnancy. Most of Australia and in particular Perth are not considered Iodine insufficient location unlike many under-developed countries. Dietary iodine intake in WA has had limited investigation. You are asked to design a study to determine the iodine status of pregnant and post-partum women in WA. You will need to consider a range of tests for the presence of iodine, the consumption of iodine supplements as well dietary influences.
? You are not expected to perform a sample size calculation or provide a budget or timeline.
? You can assume that a national health organization will have sufficient resources to fund the study appropriately.
? Please use 1.5 spacing, Times New Roman with a font size of 12.
An exercise in Research Design (Research proposal assignment)
Using the scenario that you selected develop a protocol (research proposal) for the study. In your research proposal, you need to address the following:
1. Brief review of literature(3 pages max) using in text citation [recommend that you learn Endnote]
? Identify the Research question, state your objectives or hypothesis(s)
2. Describe your study design and justify why you have selected it as the best method to achieve your aim/test your hypothesis(s). Check the assessment criteria as a guide (1 page max).
3. Methodology (2 pages max). Check the assessment criteria as a guide. You will need to justify the decisions that you have made in respect to:
? Describe your sample, method of recruitment (You are not required to do sample size calculations as this is beyond the unit content)
? Inclusion and exclusion criteria for your subjects.
? What are the potential confounders in this study? How would you manage them and if not why not?
4. State outcome variable and how it will be assessed/measured A detailed data collection method describing what data will be collected by whom, when, where and how it will be collected. Check the assessment criteria as a guide (2 pages max).
? Describe the variables/content (independent variables and outcome variables) that you will be measuring/collecting
? A brief description of how the data will be analysed [Note that you are not collecting any data. This is how you plan to analyse your key variables ? eg what statistical tests would you use, what level of significance, how do you intend to report the descriptive statistics and the inferential statistics]
? Do you need to have a test for reliability/validity? If yes how would you do this?
? A short data collection tool (you can use Survey Monkey for this even though you might not collect data via the internet ? you can still use it to record your observations). Students include an active link to the questionnaire on your assignment.
5. Ethical issues that need to be taken into consideration (1/2 page max)
6. Your proposal/protocol should be correctly referenced. You should be using ENDNOTE for this. The referencing system that has been adopted by the Faculty of Health Sciences is now APA6. You should number your pages and use a footer that includes you name and student number.
This is a research proposal assignment, not a literature review assignment. You are expected to critique the literature and use that to inform your research question(s). DO NOT RECITE the facts from the literature!!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more