The assignment will also test your ability to think critically about the concepts within the unit. This portfolio entry should be in one word document with proper headings for each section.
This project allows you to develop some interviewing skills, generate tables, create a timeline, and write a debate. These different mini projects allow you to think outside of the box of the traditional assignment and assessment format, stretching your academic capabilities and applying them to the sociology discipline.
1. Ask five people how they would define racism, religion, and family, and then summarize the definitions. Identify the similarities and differences in the definitions. Provide your own definitions of each and how they relate to each other. a.
You can use any means you want to interview people. Social media (Face book, Twitter,
etc.), email, or personal interviews are all acceptable.
2. Generate a table with a list of the different patterns of interaction between minority and majority groups. The table should have three columns:
a. One column for the models
b. One column providing three facts about each model
c. One column providing two different examples for each model
3. Develop a K-W-L table for each of the racial/ethnic groups in the United States. Create three columns for each table with the following categories: What I KNOW (K), what I WANT to know (W), and what I LEARNED (L). Complete the “K” and “W” sections, listing at least three things you know and three things that you want to know about each of the racial/ethnic groups in the United States. Then, perform research on the different associated cultures, and list three things you learned about the different cultures, and fill them in the “L” section.
4. Create a timeline listing the different stages of family life. Make note of any events, significant milestones, or problems that may occur.
5. Argue both sides (supporting and rejecting) the following statement in one to two paragraphs: The religions in the world will never get along because they are too different.
USE This Text to help in your research; Macionis, J. J. (2010) SOCIETY: The basic. 10th edition, pub; pearson/ prentice Hall press.
Chapter 11: Race and Ethnicity
Chapter 13: Family and Religion.
Other references are also recommended.
Show all references.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more