The final work product is to have a minimum of one page annotating the politics involved in the plot of the film and a minimum of 800 words single spaced (this does not include the cover page, extensive quotes and the opinion page). Guidelines for the Film Report:
1. Follow all of the formatting guidelines for this course. In this case, place the title of the project, your name, course and section number on a cover page. Be sure to include a word count for each report (excluding the citation and any extensive quotes).
2. Provide a one-page detailed annotation using the following criteria:
a. The annotation must be in your own words, using the language of a political science student. Do not submit something like the film abstract found online or on the back of the DVD (a summary). The purpose of the annotation is to demonstrate your ability to identify the political ideas being conveyed in the plot of the film. In other words, what are the political points being made and how did they evolve during the plot of the film?
b. Someone reading your annotation should get a general feel about the political issues being engaged in the film without having to see it. Writing a good annotation is challenging, this is very different from a “book report” or summary type activity. You may want to review the film more than once before you begin writing. You are to use your own judgments, no one is permitted to use outside sources for this aspect of the project.
c. Do not express your feelings, reactions or personal views in the summary. That is the purpose of the opinion page, a separate requirement within this project. Be sure to keep your opinions separate from your report (stay objective).
d. The annotation for each film report must be 1 full page in length. If too short, it doesn’t provide enough information; if too long, you are probably trying to put in all the facts or details, which is not the purpose of annotating.
3. Clearly identify how the film ties in with relevant course material. You are expected to make specific references to at least 4 different scenes from the film.
4. Explain whether or not the content was biased or objective (films often use bias intentionally to convey an idea). Provide at least 2 specific examples from each film to support your analysis.
5. Identify at least 2 things you learned from the film about the world of politics that were not specifically addressed in the formal course readings, lectures or videos.
6. On a separate “Opinion Page” – State your personal opinion of the film. Think of your audience, try to rate it in terms that would appeal to your fellow students. Would they find it useful or interesting? This is where you get to play the role of a film critic. The opinion page should be no more than one paragraph on a separate page.
7. Proofread. The final product must be grammatically correct. It is your responsibility to find someone (friend, fellow student, English teacher, English tutor, relative, neighbor, etc.) to go over your rough copy and make corrections before your final copy is prepared. I do not expect perfection, but I do expect college level performance. Thus, your writing should demonstrate what you have learned in class through your written analysis. Suggestion: sometimes it’s a good idea to read your final copy out loud to yourself to hear if it makes sense.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more