The U.S. Health Care System Week 2 ( The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 )
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010
With the passing of the P.P.A.C.A., the government has taken a step towards reshaping the health care system. For this assignment, you will use the library to research some of the key characteristics of the act and take a position on what you think some of the biggest pros and cons of the act are. You should review some of the major historical developments that resulted in the passage of the law, and explain the major influences that shaped its creation. In addition, you will need to find a popular lay media report (like a website or newspaper/magazine article) that supports your position. Compare and contrast the information reported in the article with other official information available from academic research and/or governmental sources. Finally, you should analyze how the law will affect the U.S. health care system in terms of cost, quality, access, and the provision of services.
You must use the Ashford library to conduct the research necessary to complete this assignment. Prior to beginning this assignment, you are strongly encouraged to complete the Research Tutorial, specifically units 2-3 and 5-8, which is available through the Ashford University Library.
In a three to four page double-spaced paper (excluding title and reference page), respond to the following questions:
1. Purpose of the law: What is the purpose of the P.P.A.C.A.?
2. History of the law: What issues in the U.S. health care system were the laws intended to address? How did those issues develop historically?
3. Description of law: What are some of the key features of the P.P.A.C.A.? How will the law reshape the U.S. health care system?
4. Compare and contrast media reports of the law: What do the popular lay media say about the P.P.A.C.A.? How do popular lay media reports compare to official (governmental or academic research) information available about the P.P.A.C.A.?
5. Personal reaction: What is your opinion about the P.P.A.C.A. overall? How did you develop that opinion?
6. Expected effect of the law: Which features of the P.P.A.C.A. do you think will have the biggest effect (positive or negative) on our health care system?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more