1) Which of the following statements is true?
A. Publicly traded U.S. companies must provide an annual report to their shareholders only when operating conditions change significantly
B. An unqualified independent auditor’s report must be included in the annual report.
C. Notes to the financial statements do not need to be included in the annual report because that information is only for internal users.
D. A Management Discussion and Analysis section is required in annual reports to shareholders even when financial results are positive
2) Notes to the financial statements include which of the following:
A. An independent auditors report
B. Explanations of uncertainties
C. Short-form Income Statement
D. Subsidiary ledger for Accounts Receivable
3) Which of the following financial statements is divided into major categories of operating, investing, and financing activities?
A. The income statement
B. The balance sheet
C. The retained earnings statement
D. The statement of cash flows
4) If the retained earnings account increases from the beginning of the year to the end of the year, then
A. net income is less than dividends
B. a net loss is less than dividends.
C. additional investments are less than net losses
D. net income is greater than dividends
5) If services are rendered on account, then
6) An investment by the stockholders in a business increases
7) Using accrual accounting, expenses are recorded and reported only:
8) A small company may be able to justify using a cash basis of accounting if they have:
9) Stockholders’ equity can be described as claims of
10) Common stock is reported on the
11) The Vintage Laundry Company purchased $6,500 worth of laundry supplies on June 2 and recorded the purchase as an asset. On June 30, an inventory of the laundry supplies indicated only $2,000 on hand. The adjusting entry that should be made by the company on June 30 is:
12) On July 1 the Fisher Shoe Store paid $15,000 to Acme Realty for 6 months rent beginning July 1. Prepaid Rent was debited for the full amount. If financial statements are prepared on July 31, the adjusting entry to be made by the Fisher Shoe Store is:
13) Use the following data to determine the total dollar amount of assets to be classified as current assets.
Koonce Office Supplies
December 31, 2012
14) Use the following data to calculate the current ratio.
Koonce Office Supplies
December 31, 2012
15) In horizontal analysis, each item is expressed as a percentage of the
16) When a change in depreciation method occurs:
17) Which of the following statements is true with respect to financial statement reporting for all cases when a company changes from one acceptable accounting method to another?
18) Which of the following would be considered a change in accounting principle?
19) From an internal control standpoint, the asset most susceptible to improper diversion and use is
20) A very small company would have the most difficulty in implementing which of the following internal control activities?
21) The reconciliation of the cash register tape with the cash in the register is an example of
22) Deposits in transit
23) Which of the following items on a bank reconciliation would require an adjusting entry on the company’s books?
24) Notification by the bank that a deposited customer check was returned NSF requires that the company make the following adjusting entry:
25) Why do pension and mutual funds invest in debt and equity securities?
26) Which of the following is a debt security?
27) Reed Company acquires 80 Holmes 10%, 5 year, $1,000 bonds on January 1, 2012 for $82,000. This includes a brokerage commission of $2,000. The journal entry to record this investment includes a debit to
28) Reed Company acquires 80 Holmes 10%, 5 year, $1,000 bonds on January 1, 2012 for $82,000. This includes a brokerage commission of $2,000. Assume Holmes pays interest semiannually and the July 1 entry was done correctly. The journal entry at December 31, 2012 would include a credit to
29) A company that owns more than 50% of the common stock of another company is known as the
30) If a parent company has two wholly owned subsidiaries, how many legal and economic entities are there from the viewpoint of the shareholders of the parent company?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more